Rotel is a family-owned Japanese audio brand that’s turned its proud heritage into innovative products for serious audiophiles. The company has just announced the S14 Integrated Network Streamer. The device offers high-performance music rendered through a 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC (digital-to-analog converter), feeding high-current output transistors powered by a supersized toroidal transformer for sound with precision and control.
The Rotel S14 can stream music directly from popular streaming services, including Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, and play podcasts and Internet radio stations. Alongside online streaming, the S14 can handle music streamed over AirPlay 2 and Google Cast. In addition, external sources can be connected by coaxial, optical, analog RCA and PC-USB inputs. Rotel hasn’t neglected Bluetooth either, with support for Qualcomm’s aptX HD audio codec.
The all-in-one product streams directly from a wide range of music services and has an integrated 150W of Class AB amplification at 4Ω via 5-way binding posts plus a headphone jack on the front panel. The S14 also comes with a newly engineered aluminum remote control.
Rotel says that its new S14 is convenient and intuitive to use, plus it offers a network connection via dual-band Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The unit’s front display can render full-color album art and shows title, track and artist information from the selected audio streaming service.
Pricing & Availability: The Rotel S14 will be available in the United States in black and silver finishes through authorized dealers with shipments beginning in December of 2022 and the rest of the world shortly after at $2,499.99 / £2,499 / €2,699.
More info: www.rotel.com
- Maximum power output: 150W per channel (4Ω).
- Continuous power output: 80 per channel (8Ω).
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.04%.
- Intermodulation distortion: < 0.03%.
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 100kHz, 0 ± 0.5dB.
- Tone controls: Bass / Treble.
- DACs: ESS.
- Digital frequency response: 10Hz – 90kHz (0 ± 2dB, Max).
- Signal to Noise ratio (IHF A-weighted): 98dB.
- Input sensitivity/impedance: -20dBfs / 75Ω.
- Digital inputs: PDIF LPCM (up to 24-bit / 192kHz).
- PC-USB: USB Audio Class 2.0 (24-bit / 384kHz ), MQA and MQA Studio (24-bit / 384k Hz).
- Power consumption: 280W.
- Standby power consumption: < 0.5 watts.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 93 x 345mm.
- Weight: 9.15kg.